Jack Smith Cup – Tosin Oke (Athletics)
Jubilee Cup – Shotokan Karate
- Mike Scotts Plate – Dennis Rya
Elections to the Club
- 13 elections for sporting excellence
- 3 Special Elections
Election of Officers to Committee
- President – Peter Neild
- Chair – Bill Littlejohn Hon
- Treasurer – Richard Shackcloth
- Hon Secretary – Helen Fairclough
- Sports Excellence Co-ordinator – Peter Nield
- Newsletter Editor – Chris Paul
- Committee Member – Peter Hughes
- Committee Member – Ian Shackcloth
- Committee Member – Catherine Wells
- Committee Member – Brian Solomon
- Co-opt – Andrea Jones (Sports Development Officer)
Chairman's Report from AGM
Bill Littlejohn reported that the Commonwealth Games had been the highlight of the year, with significant administrative input from members of the XXI Club, including Alison Odell, Peter Hughes, Ron Hill, Chris Paul and Helen Fairclough. There was also sporting representation of the Club from Graeme Smith, Adrian Turner, James Hickman and Tosin Oke. Bill explained that the success of such an event can have an immediate impact on the voluntary sector after the Games. Therefore significant efforts are needed to restore the levels of interest in the Club, after a year when attendance at Committee meetings has been poor.
The Sports Excellence Weekend was a success. Thanks to Andrea Jones (Sports Development Officer) and Peter Neild for their efforts in organising and running the event. This is now a very well-established event in the calendar.
Work has been taking place on updating the database. This work will continue over the coming year.
The Management Committee has worked hard to produce a proposal on membership. This will be discussed later in the meeting.
Bill thanked Helen Fairclough and Chris Paul for their help during the year. Bill felt that it had been a difficult year and that it was important to set targets for next year.